Friday, February 13, 2009

last supper

(originally slated to post Wed. Feb 11.)

Well this was the last lecture (sob sob). I was inspired and entertained. This weeks guest was Michael Rock of 2x4. He showed some of their work and talked about what inspires him. He had many installations around the world, many of them dealt with LEDs. and the main concern is content. How do you make the content new and fresh for these installations? after seeing the logo appear through bubbles 3 times, it gets old. Dystopian future sci-fi movies seemed to be the predominant crux of the first part of the lecture... Basically, the idea of the truth behind the design. How we see the advert versus what the advert really means.

I was very enlightened by the whole series of lectures. I am looking for more events to attend. I think that I should seize every opportunity to glean every piece of creative inspiration that I can.

No comments:

Post a Comment